Plumber licensing laws are created by primarily for the protection of the public.
Here is a list of laws related to plumbers, plumbing contractor licensing:
- AR - RULES AND REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO PLUMBERS LICENSE FEE, EXPIRATION, RENEWAL, JOURNEYMAN, AND MASTER PLUMBER QUALIFICATIONS
ILLINOIS - Effective legislation - prevents advertising by non-plumbers - effective monetary penalties for violations - can disconnect phone numbers used in illegal ads
- IL - PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS (225 ILCS 320/) License Law.
- IL - Administrative Code | SECTION 750.1000 CIVIL PENALTIES FOR UNLICENSED PLUMBERS
- IL - Dept. of Public Heath Plumbing license and rules
WASHINGTON - Summary: License enforcement is ineffective due to licensing laws allowing anybody to register as a plumbing contractor with no experience requirements. There is a requirement that all plumbing work be done by a licensed plumber but their is no way to find an unlicenced plumber working under cover of a contractor registration. Washington needs a simple change in the law that states: "Only a licensed specialty plumbing contractor may advertise plumbing services to the public AND only licensed plumbers may register as a specialy plumbing contracter"
- WA - Revised Commercial Code 18.106 RCW
- WA - WAC 296-200A-016 Definitions
- WA - False Advertising Law RCW 9.04.010
Consumer Protection laws | False advertising - http://wilawlibrary.gov/topics/consumer/ads.php